Friday, March 6, 2009

Insomnia

I have a history of insomnia but in general I sleep better in Nigeria than back home. (At night when the power is out, there isn't a whole lot to do so I might as well sleep.) Of course, there is an exception to every rule and tonight I could not sleep. I woke up several times in the night and I just couldn't stay asleep. I think it might be because of the heat. Lately it has been so hot and it is hard to get comfortable when I wake up drenched in sweat. Oh well. I was planning on getting up soon any way. Once or twice a week I have been going with the nuns to daily mass and we leave at quarter to six when it is still dark outside. So even with a flashlight, I stumble drunkenly around in the deep ruts in the road. Still I like going because it gives me an excuse to leave the compound.

Have a good morning or night depending on where you are in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment