Friday, February 27, 2009

Sick day

For the first time in years, I got sent home sick from school. I think I just have a cold and I probably could have gone to classes. However, Sister Martina told me to go home and rest today. I am a little relieved and a little disappointed. Today is Parents Day and parents will be visiting their child's classroom and examining school work. I thought it would be interesting to meet my students' parents. Yet I was a little intimidated because apparently some parents have been known to make a fuss about their child not receiving enough individual attention. I have no idea how I would have handled that. Oh well. Now my day will probably consist of reading and napping.

On a completely random note...I found cockroaches in my room. It is pretty gross. I have seen a couple aound the courtyard and it didn't bother me. But it is another matter when they are sharing my living space. Last night I woke up to what I thought was the sound of rustling leaves in my room, which was odd. I turned on my flashlight and found two cockroaches scurrying around my room. They were at least two inches long. Needless to say, I had trouble sleeping after that.

So I am sick and I have an infestation of cockroaches. Some day I am having. At least the Royals won yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment