Monday, February 23, 2009

Pleasantly Exhausted

Okay Monday is over and only four more days till the weekend. It may seem a little pathetic to be counting down to the weekend already but I have had a hectic day. This morning I woke up at six like most weekdays, although today I would have gladly turned over and slept for another four or five hours. I made it over to school with time to spare before morning assembly at 7:30. My first class started at 8 am. I taught five maths classes and two classes in the library. Maths is by far more stressful since I am the only teacher in the room. In the library Josephine is usually there and she is responsible for discipline. So I was busy until break at 1:30. I made the mistake of looking for Josephine in the computer room. One of the teachers asked if I would type up a test and I agreed since I didn't have anything to do. So I spent the next half hour typing until it was time to do some tutoring. Then I spent an hour with three six year olds helping them write the alphabet and reading them a couple books. I have to admit that the kids were cute and very excited. One of the boys found an I Spy book and they practically begged me to read it. We spent more time looking at the pictures than actually reading and I got the impression that they have seen very few nice colorful picture books. The boys left around 3:00 and I just spent the rest of the day hanging out in the library. I grabbed the library's copy of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and read in between random visits from students. When the bell rang at 3:45 I said goodbye and left. Once I got home I decided it was time to make lunch, since all I had eaten since I woke up was a package of crackers. I made Indomie noodles, which is kinda like Ramen, and added a chopped up carrot and tomato. By the time I finished eating and did the dishes it was 4:30. I feel like I have put in a full days work and then some. I used to think my last job was difficult because I worked third shift. I can now confidently say that working with children is much more exhausting. Still it was a good day and I am pleasantly exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment