Monday, February 2, 2009

Just call me Al

A couple of days ago Aubrie and I walked into our room and she said she saw a lizard on her headboard. At first I thought she was joking but she assured me that it was there. There are lizards everywhere and I don't really mind them but the idea of sleeping with a lizard did not appeal to me even if they don't bite. Now several night have gone by and I have yet to find the lizard in my bed. The little lizard who spends most of his time on our ceiling has become a pet of sorts. (It reminds me of the days when my sister Amy had pet anoles.) So I figure if we are going to share living space with a lizard it might as well have a name. Today I christened the lizard Albert but Aubrie just wants to call him Al.

Unfortunately when I was typing I saw a lizard on my window. I thought it was Al at first but he is at his usual post on the ceiling. It aggravates me that I cannot figure out how they are getting in the room since the doors and windows have screens. And I still haven't decided how I feel about this newest house guest. One lizard can be a pet but does two cross the line into an infestation?

No comments:

Post a Comment